CareWorks Health Services
Moulton Parkway STE 103C
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
of Business: 24/7 Service
provide Medical/Non-Medical Home Health Care Helping
Seniors and Disabled Adults live independently and safely,
in the place they want most, Home
24/7. Our caregivers believe in and adopt our
Ten Commandments”, the cornerstone of success
for all our “Compassionate Companions”.
provide the most compassionate care to all individuals
- begining with newborns, hospital outpatient care to
seniors. With our dedicated and committed professionals,
our experienced team of caregivers are supported by our
diligent Support Staff making them the best in the industry.
Checklist for Choosing Home Care Providers
Choosing Home Care Providers
providers for the elderly can fit your needs depending upon your
situation and budget. Make a list of the specific needs of elderly
care you are looking for and questions to ask the home care providers.
Home Care Providers Checklist:
• Rehabilitation/Therapy- Physical or occupational therapy
required, improving or retaining function (range of motion, physical
therapy following an injury), speech therapy or help swallowing
(due to a stroke, Parkinson\'s disease or ALS) respiratory therapy,
or help getting around the house or using assistive equipment?
• Household Chores– Help to do simply chores and prepare meals.
• Personal Care Assistance –Assistance for personal hygiene,
bathing, eating, dressing, lifting, and getting out of bed.
• Nighttime Care- Elderly care for hours in the night in case
• Transportation Assistance- Provide for transportation to
appointments, shopping, activities. Special transportation needs
for wheelchair assistance.
• Companionship- Personal companionship to combat loneliness
and memory loss.
Questions to ask the Home Care Providers:
• How are their employees chosen and screened to be home care
providers and what are their qualifications?
• How long has your agency been home care providers? Do you
• Can your agency provide the services I need as home care
providers? Can a medical evaluation or consultation be done?
Are there regular consultation follow-up and service evaluation
• What is the minimum and maximum number of hours per visit
that is required?
• Is your agency bonded and have appropriate insurance for
home care providers to cover theft and malpractice?
• What are your fees? Talk extensively about fees and what
is included and what is considered as extra charges and overtime.
Is Medicare and Insurance accepted? Find out what your coverage
is through your insurance providers and cross reference coverage.
Quality home care providers will be prepared to help you through
the process of evaluating your elderly care needs. They will have
the answers to these basic questions. Choosing the right home
care providers is important to your piece of mind and to the quality
of care that your loved one is receiving. You want only the best
home care providers to help you along the way.
is a freelance writer and editor working for Visiting Angels,
(www.visiting angels.com).The article “Checklist for Choosing
Home Care Providers” gives you a checklist for questions to ask
yourself and home care providers when looking for elderly care
in the home. Visiting Angels provide living assistance services
and home care servicesin homes across America.